MaximDL 6 demo trouble

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Brian Peterson, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Brian Peterson

Brian Peterson Standard User

For about 6 years I've used MaximDL5, FocusMax, Visual Pintpoint, and CCDAutopilot in my imaging, and it has been very stable. This week I installed the demo for MaximDL 6 to try out, and I've encountered some problems. Now, when I try to start up FocusMax (either independently or through CCDAutopilot's startup routine), I get the following message: "Error signature: ModName: pinpointdll ModVer 6.1.1.0 Offset 0000992dl." I get the same message when I try to start up Visual Pinpoint separately. The "pinpointdll" file is still there on the computer (c:/Program Files / Common Files / ASCOM / Pinpoint). This same problem shows up whether I have MaximDL5 (which had been working well before) or 6 running.

The Pinpoint platesolving tool in MaximDL6 works fine.

Is it possible that loading DL6 has changed something that needs to be reset? Would uninstalling DL6 clear this problem (and how do I do that)? Any help in getting these pieces talking to each other again would be appreciated.

Brian

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Cyanogen Customer

There was a wacky interaction between some version of the 6.x installer and pinpoint, and it messes with the pinpoint license. You may have to reach out to Bob Denny at DC3 or check their forum. You can try re-installing PinPoint full version and that may fix it. I'm just another customer of both DC3 and Diffraction.