MaxPoint Demo on CPC 800

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Cronos, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Cronos

Cronos Standard User

Hi!
    I downloaded the demo of MaxPoint to use it with my Celestron CPC.
    The software, however, does not connect. The ASCOM driver works because normally control the telescope with the software type stellarium. Do you have suggestions?

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

How is MaxPoint connected to your software/telescope?

It should be connected between the controlling software (Stellarium) and the telescope. Stellarium -> MaxPoint -> Telescope. So when you connect to the telescope in Stellarium, MaxPoint will automatically open and connect to the telescope.

3. Cronos

Cronos Standard User

Thanks ... I had resolved to set MaxPoint cone Hub to connect with the control software of the telescope. I have another problem, all the stars that are used for alignment are lower my horizon !! I set properly in the setup of the telescope this parameter. I can not use any star are all too low !!!
    If you get up in the line of the horizon in list does not appear to me no star ...

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Have you setup your Horizon parameters in MaxPoint?

Is your Lat and Long set correctly in MaxPoint?

5. Cronos

Cronos Standard User

hi!
    Lat and Lon you are right ... To see stars I have to put horizon to "0" Then I see stars and I can point them. Last night I tried but when I go on a star slev the mount goes in the completely wrong direction! If you instead use the software (stellarium) without MaxPoint tip perfectly. configuration is: Cpc on Com1> Next star> Ascom> max point> stellarium ...works bad
    Cpc on Com1> Next star> Ascom> stellarium ...works perfect.

6. Tim

Tim Staff Member

What is your geographic location?

Are the Lat and Long directions reversed?

Can you send a screenshot of the MaxPoint settings?

7. Cronos

Cronos Standard User

Hi!
    I managed to run max point with the CPC were the Ascom driver that gave problems. I started the procedure for alignment. Last night I wanted to continue but it gives me license expired although missing several days? What does it depend? I have not changed the system date or reinstalled MaxPoint. The expired license was 02/22/2015...
    Best regards.