Method to Switch Imagers?

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Peter Hannah, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Peter Hannah

Peter Hannah Cyanogen Customer

I had a problem with a script running under ACP to chill my camera. It was reporting an unrealistic temperature (3.40282346638529E+38).
    I eventually discovered that in the Camera/Expose, Camera 2 (the guider) was selected instead of Camera 1 (I had been making some test exposures).
    Selecting Camera 1 fixed the issue, but I would like to be able to ensure Camera 1 is selected from within the script.
    Is there a Method I can use to select Camera 1 at the start of the script?

Thanks

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sorry there isn't a way to do that from script.

3. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    Peter — Look into a program called AutoIt. You can script this program to do just about anything human can do (well at least with the mouse and keyboard haha). I have used it to successfully switch MaxIm configurations during a run. You could easily load a MaxIm configuration at the beginning of an ACP Expert session/night, thus putting things back into operational condition after manual testing etc.

PS I seem to recall that the crazy temperature indication was addressed long ago, apart from having the guider camera selected as the main. What are your MaxIm and ACP versions?

4. Peter Hannah

Peter Hannah Cyanogen Customer

Hi Bob I should have known you'd be monitoring this forum! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it. For now I've added a warning message to my script that is displayed if the camera temperature 'appears' to be greater than 100C.
    I'm on Maxim 6.16 and ACP 8.2

5. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    Ok then that temp change was in the past. You’re up to date on ACP. I monitor this forum as time permits since I sometimes send people here with what, to my best ability, I have guessed are camera issues. And those in turn are almost all USB or with the proprietary drivers. Basically I try to be a good team player, as do the folks at Diffraction. It has been working well for 20 years.

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Peter, I recommend you update to MaxIm 6.20.
    Which cameras do you have?
    Am just wondering if there is a relevant driver or firmware update.