Miscellaneous errors

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Lewis M Cook, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Lewis M Cook

Lewis M Cook Standard User

I have had issues with both STL1001E (SHUTTER ERROR and UNABLE TO READ FILE errors on the SECOND IMAGES after starting) and STF8300M (failing to solve in Pinpoint 80% of the time) . This may be caused by an erroneous FITS header line (BZERO = 48000.000). All images that should have been solved previously WERE solved. The only difference was I downloaded new drivers.

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Is this a similar issue to geza's issue where you are receiving "Error 8" occasionally?

I have seen a similar problem in the past, and it ended up being localized to that particular computer...probably a Windows update or corrupt system file? Have you tested your camera on a different computer or tried rolling Windows back to a time when it worked?

3. Lewis M Cook

Lewis M Cook Standard User

Never gotten an "Error 8" message. And I resolved the Pinpoint problem by putting in a correction to the gain factor. Now the only unresolved issue is with my STL1001E camera. Bill Lynch pointed me to a possible fix (install an older driver). Since the camera on the 'scope has been switched, I'm waiting to see if it has cured the problem. That'll be next week - like Friday.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I've moved this into a separate thread, because it obviously wasn't relevant to the original "Error 8" thread.

You appear to have been dealing with several different issues. As a general rule, you should start a separate thread for each individual technical support issue. It's impossible to keep track of anything if they are all jumbled together.