more experimenting

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, May 20, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

This message from before with some added after that after trying the "BatchProcess" saved formula run on a different 'object' and some problems will happen
    so the best idea witj doing a "Batch Process" run with TIFF images to use also the "PinPoint Astrometry" 'solve' to get a better 'alignment' when using the "Stack"
    command in MaximDL Pro .
    M94 Cat's Eye Galaxy with CanonEOSRebel T7i 'modified' 95xpwr'Minus-Violet filter on TeleVue 2.5XPwrMte for 2960mm FL' fourTIFF's' Astrometric-Drizzle 90%'
    and exposures of 6minISO1600 with PictureStyle Faithful-5200K' . I tried to make the images show the most in Canon Digital Photo Professional V4.0 and
    then in MaximDL Pro V6.16 I used the "Batch Process" command and did one image to set it up (Batch Process formula included) ... as I went down the line
    with the TIFF without any added data to it I 'opened' the "PinPoint Astrometry" command and there wasn't any data to 'solve' so next I 'opened' the
    'FITS Header' window and still with the 'Record' button active I scrolled down to enter the XPixel and YPixel entries with a Bin2 version and then press 'Set' for
    each and then the 'Focallen' and then the 'RA and Dec' coordinates for the 'object' and then 'Close' the 'FITS Header' and then press the 'Process' button in
    the "PinPoint Astrometry" command and it processed , I already knew the first image would 'solve' with mag. from 2.0 to 17.50 and it 'solved' and then I 'opened'
    the 'Save As...' window to save the result as a FITS IEEEFloat . Then I stopped the 'Record' in the "Batch Process" . I then put the three other TIFF's in the
    "Batch Process" side window and I 'checked' the box for the "PinPoint Astrometry" command in the "Batch Process" so it would stop there when each other
    command had processed , it must stop at the "PinPoint Astrometry" window so you can press the 'Process' button to activate it and the 'solve' should happen .
    The formula can be 'Saved' to use at other TIFF image processings and you would only have to 'open' the 'FITS Header' window and change the 'XPixel and YPixel
    and 'Focallen' and 'RA and Dec' coordinates and then press the "PinPoint Astrometry" 'Process' button and continue as usual . Astrometric-Drizzle can be a good
    stacking method .
    For the M94 after stacking and "Double Size" back up to Bin1 size ... when I used the "KernalFilter - Dilation7x7 Radius-10 and Feathering-24 with Pixel Restrictions
    from the lowest value in the galaxy to the higher mid-values it showed a lot of different things that weren't visible before that .x

This is the 'added' part to the idea above....
    If you 'open' a TIFF into MaximDL Pro and then 'open' the "Batch Process" command and press 'Record' and then for the image you would use the
    "Kernal Filter at Median5x5 without Pixel Restrictions" and press OK ; then "Make Pixels Square" ; then "Color Smoothing - Low-Pass" ; then
    "FFT Filter - Low-Pass 'Custom 'Cutoff 17% and Weight 50% without Pixel Restrictions" ; and then "Half Size" ; and then "Make Pixels Square" ;
    then "Pixel Math 500%" ; and then "Crop ... just about 1/4 of the outside area with the 'crop' line centered and the 'object' centered in the main image if
    it was imaged that way , ...the reason for cropping some outer area off is it will make the next process easier to 'solve' " ; then "Make Pixels Square" ; then
    'open' the "PinPoint Astrometry" command and use the 'USNO-A2' catalog with star size from 7th -17.50th magn. and 'Number of stars to 'solve' at
    about ' 90 ' , before using the command you must 'open' the 'FITS Header" window and enter in for XPixels and YPixels that would be a Bin2 size for your camera
    at Bin1 , and for 'FOCALLEN' enter the Focal Length you are using , and for the 'object' enter in the coordinates for J2000 RA and Dec ... you might have to choose
    a dense star area away from the 'object' center by entering in the coordinates of a star you think is in the image with other stars by it to get the 'solve' to work image
    after image . Then when ready press the 'Process' button and hope it 'solves' and if not keep trying different entries till it does ....so if it's not 'solving' you can press
    'Stop' and make the changes . If it 'solves' then press 'Close' ; next 'open' the "Save As..." window and select instead of TIFF .. select FITS IEEEFloat and press OK .
    Now you can 'stop' the 'Record' in the "Batch Process" window and you can add into the side panel window , the other TIFF images to run the command on them .
    The same data for the 'FITS Header' should be active for each image when you press 'Process' if you need to in the "PinPoint Astrometry" part of the run .
    Next time you do another "Batch Process" command for TIFF's or other camera images that don't have 'FITS Header' data already entered in you will have an updated
    new "Batch Process" command with fresh data .x

Antennae TIFF's and M27 were done in Canon Digital Photo Professional V4.0 with a Canon EOS Rebel T7i 'modified' at 95xpower magnification
    and the Antennae was done in MaximDL Pro as 'Astrometric-Sum' and that's about as good as I could get it , the M27 has it's color more saturated to show
    different star colors and it's 'annotated' due to 'solved' stars .. some are in the M27 .x