Resolved New SBIG driver errors

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Dave, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Dave

Dave Standard User

After a few months of completely problem free operation I seem to be getting these SBIG driver errors. The most prevalent one is the time out error 30007. The other is the “operating system” error 30032. So far I have checked the driver update which reads current. I have a screen shot of the checker screen attached. The version of driver checker is also current I believe. It’s the version released in May of 2017. I am using TSX for camera control. That has also been updated. I have connected the usb to the mount panel, to a robust powered usb hub (Icron ranger) and also direct to the PC. The errors seem to occur in all configurations. However, after connecting direct to the PC and having the errors recur again, I rebooted both the camera and the PC and was able to run the session without error. Perhaps this was luck. Anyway for now I have left it in that configuration. I have researched this on other forums and the consensus appears to be that you should avoid usb hubs if at all possible? But if that is not the solution then I am not sure what else I can do. The camera is a 16803 and was purchased brand new 9 months ago.
    Thanks
    Dave

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

3. Dave

Dave Standard User

Thanks for the reference. I had forgotten about the power management issues, but so far I think (hope) we're good as I have had a couple of nights now with no errors after bypassing all of the hubs and connecting directly to PC.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Thanks for the help, Colin. I'll mark this as resolved. If you start having issues again please add to the thread.