Resolved New SBIG STF- 1603W camera does not work

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Sergei Lysenko, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Sergei Lysenko

Sergei Lysenko Standard User

I have received the SBIG STF- 1603W two days ago. We found that this camera (SBIG STF- 1603W; s/n: SF6180401) just does not work with with standard CCDOps software. It powers on, computer automatically detects it and installs drivers for this camera, but the camera does not work with CCDOps at all. All drivers are updated., but I was never been able to get an image. Now I have four SBIG USB cameras and three of them work fine. I tested all of them on four different computers with Win7, Win8, Win XP. However this new SBIG STF- 1603W does not work. Maybe it works with other software, other then CCDOps? I uploaded on the youtube a video what happens:
    Do you have any advice which can resolve this problem?
    Thanks.

2. Sergei Lysenko

About the problem with STF-1603W camera: even the DriverChecker64 cannot establish a link with the camera STF-1603W on four different computers. This behavior is highly unusual, because the driver is working properly and all other my SBIG cameras (including STF-4070M) are working fine. So, as I see: or there is no driver for STF-1603W or camera is defective. Do you have any idea?

3. Sergei Lysenko

Problem is resolved. Special thanks to Adam Robichaud. Really appreciate your help!