New STX/STXL Power Supply

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Sreilly, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Sreilly

Sreilly Cyanogen Customer

From a call I made today to order a power extension cable I found out there are two versions of this camera, older pre/11-15 and newer. I'm guessing that the newer power supplies won't work with the older cameras? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes, there are two generations of the STX camera, but that's related to the external guide head, not the power supply. The power supply connector on the camera has not changed.

There may be some confusion because we recently changed the power supply. The STX/STXL power supply always needs an extension cable, because the connector on the power supply isn't the same as the one on the camera. The extension cable is also an adapter.

We recently had to change to a different manufacturer of power brick, and they didn't have the same connector available. So now we're selling the new version of the power supply with a new version of the extension cable.

Since this situation is inherently confusing, we also recently changed things so the power supply always comes with an extension cable . That way if you buy a new power supply, you're guaranteed to have the correct extension cable.

Hopefully that clears things up...