Newbie question

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by RMoore7167, Jan 4, 2017.

1. RMoore7167

RMoore7167 Standard User

Hi. I am finally getting into this... I have a Paramount MyT and a Stellavue 130 with SBig St2000xcm camera. I just need to get my feet wet here and want to get a basic workflow in order to at least get some basic pictures (after 8 years of hiatus) Is there any videos or recommended sites that will pretty much tell me how to capture some basic images? I have accurate polar alignment but Im just looking at snow right now on my computer screen....

apologies for such a basic question...probably most are laughing!! Good news I got a shed built!

Attached Files:

2. JoshuaHufford

JoshuaHufford Cyanogen Customer

Can you post a sample image?

What are you trying to image when you see "snow"?

3. RMoore7167

RMoore7167 Standard User

sorry for late reply. Cant figure out how to save a photo on pixinsight that can see!! so did a screen shot. We I was able to clean up a bit through pixinsight...I went to histogram and changed view from SBIG to Bjorn and played with settings. Not sure how that effect processing we will see. So the attached is just a 20 sec screenshot pic of M31. I can now see the object in screen. Don't know what those vertical lines are though. I do find it strange that when capture any picture through Pixinsight it saves as a SBIG CCDOps and have to use FITSConverter. This may be a question on Pix site....So ultimately, is it better to use the CCDOps software a better choice vs a third party processing program? Or is this just part of the learning curve

Attached Files: