NGC4565

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Dec 12, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

NGC4565 with CanonEOSII 6D 'stock-new 2017 model' with Baader UV-IR Cut-Off 2in. filter thru 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare)
    thru an APM Flattener for 1155mmF/L for eight 6minISO2500 CR2.s into MaximDL Pro V6.16 and Sum stacked , image is slightly cropped .x
    * this telescope is a 6" aperature and needs a Flattener at PrimeFocus * , so I was thinking if you had a 30" large reflector and they say it gets
    more light from the 'object' … could that mean that instead of the center area coming to the Telescope of a globular cluster like my Telescope ...
    that a larger Telescope would also get light from off-center and photons shooting out to the sides that my Telescope would not be getting but
    they would be hitting a larger area Telescope .. but then the larger Telescope would have to direct the outer edge light to the camera's sensor
    in the correct way so all the stars wind up at the right spots on the sensor which seems complicated . If they don't wind up on the sensor
    the correct way then the globular cluster would be out of shape . So to me it seems the smaller Telescope might be easier to correct because
    there is less area to correct . x