NGC7000 Mosaic

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 5, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

RebelT7i 'modified UV_IR @ Hutech' thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) thru a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for 950mmF/L using a Baader 7nm HydrogenAlpha 2in. filter and using MaximDL Pro V6.20 for RAWMonochrome Autosaves using the 'Mosaic' command with four 30secISO12800 images per Tile section ...and Average stacking the the images in each Tile and then trying to assemble the Tiles in the 'Mosaic' assembly command ... the rebelT7i will only do 30sec exposures in MaximDL Pro for some un-known reason till figure out why .. because I wanted to use 81secISO6400 images for each Tile section .!. otherwise this shows the possible content available ..;; I was reading in Clarkvision.com .. that the Canon 7D MarkII would be the best DSLR to use and the small pixels are needed to show better stars like it says in the 'Horsehead example image with a 300mmLens using a 7D MarkII ...because it has a lot of resolution which is explained in the Review. .x

I did some 'bias' frames , two each , for each ISO with a CanonEOSII 6D'stock-new 2017 model' and after that with MaximDL Pro V6.16
    I tried the 'Mirror Lockup' , but , it'll only work if the DSLR's in-camera 'Mirror Lockup' is turned ON and in the Camera1 'Expose' tab
    in MaximDL Pro in the 'Options' where the 'No Calibration' is … there is a 'Camera Settings' option and you tap on it to open a
    small page and then you 'check' the checkbox and now the DSLR and MaximDL Pro will communicate with each other about the
    'Mirror Lockup' being active …. so , if one of those two things aren't made active , the camera will foul up and not download an image ,
    so both things must be active or not active at the same time to work the right way .

With this 2nd attempt at the Mosaic I stacked the four RAWMono Autosave images per Tile section and then I "PinPoint Astrometry"
    GSC Catalog 'solved' each one and did an 'Overlay' in the 'Zoom' window to see each Tile's position and I saved the Tile with a description with
    a described position like ' Top middle ' or 'GreatCygnusWall' ..etc. and when I did the Mosaic in a 'New' page it was easier and I got them
    all together at one time so there aren't any lines from doing a few and cropping and then doing more for a new Mosaic and cropping till I
    finally got the Mosaic together the last time , and I kept the images all at the 'Medium' screen-stretch . After I was done I did some things to it
    like "Levels" to remove some 'Blue' Gamma .x { When you have some of the Tiles 'Blended' and you still have more to go or are almost
    finished you can select from the top of the list in the "Mosaic" command for each image and it will show a rectangle where it is in the Mosaic
    if it has been used already … if it doesn't show when you select a list image it still needs to be inserted in . }x