Nikon D5300

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Stefan Chmielewski, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Stefan Chmielewski

Stefan Chmielewski Standard User

Hi
    I have permanent problem with my nikon d 5300 and Maxim DL. I tested it in different system for example win 7 32bit and 64bit and win 10 64bit. And always was the same. I could not to connect the camera to Maxim. I get an error: "Error opening camera 1 Nikonplug-in not connect to ....." When I choose, in setting box, "Camera Control Pro" the connection is OK. I installed demo version Camera Control Pro software. After some Times the connection is doing breaks down. I dont know why. Could you help me?
    PS in other programs to set nikon d5300 the camera works correctly for example digiCamControl
    Best regards
    Stefan Chmielewski

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. Stefan Chmielewski

Hi
    I have permanent problem with my nikon d 5300 and Maxim DL. I tested it in different system for example win 7 32bit and 64bit and win 10 64bit. And always was the same. I could not to connect the camera to Maxim. I get an error: "Error opening camera 1 Nikonplug-in not connect to ....." When I choose, in setting box, "Camera Control Pro" the connection is OK. I installed demo version Camera Control Pro software. After some Times the connection is doing breaks down. I dont know why. Could you help me?
    PS in other programs to set nikon d5300 the camera works correctly for example digiCamControl
    Best regards
    Stefan Chmielewski

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  3. Owen Lawrence

Owen Lawrence Retired Staff

Hi Stefan,

What version of MaxIm DL are you using? If it's not V6.12, please use Help | Check for updates... to upgrade.

Are you able to take a series of exposures using MaxIm DL?

If your computer is a desktop machine, plug the camera into a USB port on the back of the machine, not the front panel. Use a direct connection from the camera to the computer, not a USB hub.

Please send me a zip archive of your Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Settings folder so I can double-check how you've configured MaxIm DL.

- Owen -

4. Stefan Chmielewski

I send reply to you by my email, then I read that I should send by Difraction Limited ;-))
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    I have 6.12 version of Maxim and I am able to take a series of exposures using MaxIm DL if the connection is OK of course.
    It not depends for wchit port USB I use. If every think is OK I can use Hub or direct connect. But nevr I can make the connection in standerd settings of Maxim (Default) see figure below

[​IMG]

Connection is OK when I choose Camera Control Pro. It is not right I think. I have not licence for Camera Control Pro.
    Zip file I send you in a several days because my laptop has crashed and I must reinstal everything.Sorry I know that my english is not good but I thinkthet we understant each other.
    Best regards and thanks once more
    PS
    I must explain you that I have a trial version of Maxim DL. I want to buy it but I have to be sure that it work properly with my camera.

5. Stefan Chmielewski

The sytuation replay.
    In new install system (win 10 64 bit) Maxim do not see Nikon D 5300. I can control my camera by Camera Control Pro only!
    I send you the file sittings in zip format.
    Best regards
    Stefan Chmielewski

Attached Files:

6. Stefan Chmielewski

Hi does anybody is here?

7. Owen Lawrence

Hi Stefan,

Sorry, I'm just seeing your message now. I'm more likely to see messages that are posted to the "Registered Users" forum.

Using the "Camera Control Pro 2" option for "Nikon DLLs" is the best choice, but it looks like you already have that set. Can you confirm that the following directory exists on your system?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nikon\Camera Control Modules

(That's where MaxIm DL will look for the modules when you use that setting.) If they are not there, please search for NkdPTP.dll and Type0011.md3 on your computer. If they are found elsewhere, then perhaps we can adjust your MaxIm DL Nikon plugin to find them there instead of the above default location.

- Owen -

8. Stefan Chmielewski

Everything is OK what you said, if I install Camera Control Pro and to chose in Settings Window "Camera Control Pro" but I heven't licence for Camera Control Pro I have demo version. If I chose "Default" in this window Maxim do not see my Nikon D 5300 camera.
    The directory exists if I installed Camera Control Pro if not the directory do not exist! I have 64 bit system (win 10). Where are Program Files (x86) and Program Files as you know. Maxim is installed in Program Files (x86) In 32bit system Maxim is install in Program Files. Perhaps that is the reason?
    If i good understand i should create the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nikon\Camera Control Modules and to copy NkdPTP.dll and Type0011.md3 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Diffraction Limited\MaximDL V6 ?

Best regards
    Stefan

9. Owen Lawrence

Hi Stefan,

You don't need a Camera Control Pro 2 license for our purposes. Just install it so we can use the files it puts on your system. Do not uninstall it. Select "Camera Control Pro 2" for "Nikon DLLs" in MaxIm DL.

- Owen -

10. John Toogood

John Toogood Cyanogen Customer

I'm afraid I'm having a similar problem. I have both a D5300 and a D750, but for now I'm trying to get the D5300 working. I downloaded Camera Control 2 (version 2.23.1) and it controls the camera just fine. In Maxim DL, I pick the Camera Control option under Nikon DLL, and I pick D5300, and press OK. Then when I go to connect, it says "Error opening camera. Nikon plug-in could not connect to camera. Could not initialize Nikon module. Error loading module 'C:\Program Files (x96)\Common Files\Nikon\Camera Control Modules\Type0011.md3". By the way, if I try to connect a second time, Maxim DL crashes.

I'm running Windows 10 (64 bit) on a MacBook Pro. Any advice on how to fix?

11. Owen Lawrence

Hi John,

Can you please verify that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nikon\Camera Control Modules\Type0011.md3" exists on your system? It should have been installed by Camera Control Pro 2. (I assume that "x96" is a typo.) If you don't find it in that location, please search for Type0011.md3. We are trying to redirect MaxIm DL to use the same version of that file that Nikon's own software uses.

- Owen -

12. John Toogood

It's under Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Do I need to install a 32 bit version of Camera Control?

13. Owen Lawrence

I think so. MaxIm DL is a 32-bit program, so it will not be able to load 64-bit modules. Can you do this? (You will not have to run it; it just needs to be on the disk where we can find it.)

- Owen -

14. John Toogood

Okay, that worked. I installed the 32-bit version of Camera Control Pro and all of a sudden Maxim DL started working with the camera. Thanks.

15. Owen Lawrence

Great! I'll add a note to that camera model for future reference. Thanks for letting me know.

- Owen -

16. John Toogood

Probably not just for that model -- same issue would apply for anybody using Camera Control to get Nikon drivers.

17. aishilewis

aishilewis Standard User

The D5300 offers a 24MP sensor, an articulated rear LCD, and more physical controls than the D3200, but without the twin-dial interface and professional-grade AF system of the decidedly higher-market D7100