"No Camera Could Be Found"

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Don Rea, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Don Rea

Don Rea Standard User

Trying to get ST-i working on my Dell 64 bit notebook. Downloaded the latest drivers. Windows 7 Pro. detects the camera and indicates no problems. Plugged in the camera and followed the instructions that came with the Diver Checker exactly.

CCDOPS reports " No camera could be found. ............" Graphics/Com is set to USB.

Nebulocity, PHD guiding and CCDSoft cannect find the camera either.

All works fine on my older 32 bit notebook with the new drivers installed.

I'm at a total loss. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I've tried this several times. The drivers are really there.

Thanks to all.

2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Don,
    I can take a look at the system with teamviewer if you wish.
    You can reach me at the number below.

Have you checked to see if device manager is showing the device?
    Tried with cable that came with the camera? no hub, etc...

3. Don Rea

Don Rea Standard User

Tim: Thanks for the quick reply. Device manager shows "SBIG USB-64 Camera With Firmware" and claims that it's "working properly". I'm connected with a very short USB cable, no hub. Works fine on my old HP notebook. I tried the stock cable, same result. It seems like something is preventing any application from seeing the camera, even though Windows obviously can see it. Any more ideas? I'll give you a call tomorrow and maybe you can take a look. What is a good time for you? I'm in California. Thanks. Don

4. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

Hi Don,

I just finished up a Teamviewer session with Mel Martin.
    I am beat tonight. Call me anytime after 10am.

In the mean time get the exact model of the Dell.

Always happy to help if I can.

G'night

5. Don Rea

Don Rea Standard User

Thanks Tim. The Dell is a Precision M4800 with i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4 GHz. 16 GB RAM.
    64 bits. Windows 7 Professional OS. I'll give you a call late morning. Don

6. B. Gregory Mowatt

B. Gregory Mowatt Cyanogen Customer

Was there a solution to this issue? I have a Dell Latitude E6530 and I suddenly cannot access my SBIG cameras (STL11000 & ST402ME). I have been able to access both of them previously with MaximDL, SkyX and CCDOps on this laptop, but now all software fails to recognize the cameras, even though the device manager sees them and all drivers are current. I have tried a system restore to see if that might solve the problem but no luck. I have the same software on a Lenovo work station and can connect to both cameras without any issues. Thank you.

Greg

7. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

8. Don Rea

Don Rea Standard User

Greg: This problem drove me crazy for days. Your description of it is exactly what I was experiencing. Tim was helpful and suggested that he had heard of problems with the USB3 ports in newer Dells. I tried going into the BIOS setup and deselecting the choice of USB3 which should cause the ports to revert back to USB2. This did not help. Eventually, I stumbled onto a post somewhere where a Dell user said that he solved a similar problem with Dell USB3 ports not connecting to some devices. He inserted a passive USB port expander between the Dell and his devices and this solved his problem. I tried this and suddenly my cameras were working. In your case, however, it sounds like things had been working for you and then stopped working. This suggests that something has gotten changed. Don't know what that could be, but I would definitely try the passive port expander. Good luck. Please keep us posted on the thread. Regards. Don

9. Yves Laroche

Yves Laroche Standard User