Resolved "No Driver Found" error with STT-8300

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Pat Knoll, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Pat Knoll

Pat Knoll Standard User

Just plugged my STT-8300 with FW8G-STT and AO-8T into my laptop running Windows 7. Surprise! I get a “New Hardware Found” and it tries to download USBT-CAM Engine driver. ending in “No driver found”. What?? Same in Windows 95. I did use the “Driver Checker” on both laptops with the same results. My Windows 10 laptop does not seem to have the problem.

Do you have any suggestions as I have searched the internet for the
    driver with no luck. Any clue as to what happened? I am tapped out. I
    don’t want anything to surprise me at West Point.

Pat Knoll

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Pat,

Usually you can manually update the driver selection in the Device Manager to use the appropriate driver (32, or 64 bit with firmware). If you'd like, we can arrange a time for you to demo the issue over our remote support tool, and hopefully resolve the issue for you.

Cheers,
    -Adam

3. Pat Knoll

Pat Knoll Standard User

Greetings Adam,
    Many thanks for your reply. My fear is that I could run into the same problem with the installation at West Point although they are using the STX-16803 camera. At the moment I am supplying support in an advisory capacity using TeamViewer. Attached is the imaging Train I install on my last trip back. I hesitate to try a firmware upgrade until I resolve my problem just in case. They have a FW8-STX filter wheel but that is for later. They have two STX16803 cameras. http://pknoll.net/astronomy/west_point.htm

I will try as you suggest but I don’t think it will work. Let me know what your schedule is so we can hook up as you suggest.

Pat

4. Pat Knoll

Pat Knoll Standard User

Greetings Adam,

Many thanks for your reply. My fear is that I could run into the same problem with the installation at West Point although they are using the STX-16803 camera. At the moment I am supplying support in an advisory capacity using TeamViewer. Attached is the imaging Train I install on my last trip back. I hesitate to try a firmware upgrade until I resolve my problem just in case. They have a FW8-STX filter wheel but that is for later. They have two STX16803 cameras. http://pknoll.net/astronomy/west_point.htm

I will try as you suggest but I don’t think it will work. Let me know what your schedule is so we can hook up as you suggest. Sorry, I created a new thread but you can delete it.

Pat

Attached Files:

5. Adam Robichaud

I'm free all week, 9-5 EST, so let me know what time works best for you, and I'll accommodate. I doubt a firmware update would be necessary, but we can certainly touch base once you've tried the above suggestion, and come up with a plan of action.

6. Pat Knoll

Pat Knoll Standard User

Thanks Adam,

I am tied up tomorrow. How would 14:00 your time on Wednesday be for you? Also, what do I need for the connection? I just tried using the device manager with no luck upgrading USBT-CAM Engine driver.

I did do a Firmware upgrade on my camera using 64 bit Driver Checker V 4.03 build 3. Camera Serial # 712100231 purchase from OPT.

Thanks again Adam.

Pat

7. Pat Knoll

Pat Knoll Standard User

Adam,

OK. I am a moron. Both the Windows XP and Windows 7 laptops had the old Driver Checker. I loaded the latest version mentioned on my previous reply. It deleted the old drivers, loaded the new ones and all is well now. I claim "Senior Moment". That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks for your prompt replies Adam.

Pat

Bill likes this.
  8. Adam Robichaud

No worries, Pat! I'm glad things worked out for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you experience any further issues!

Cheers,
    -Adam