NO LIVE VIEW

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Massimo Uberti, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Massimo Uberti

Massimo Uberti Standard User

Yes Tim, is one of the first test I made, there no difference between setting Canon DLLs to "EOS Utility" or "Default" on the Setup Canon Eos II
    during all this test I experience some time application crash after closing the white live view window.

Massimo

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

I have submitted a bug report for this issue. At this time we do not have a date available for a fix, but will be in a future update.

3. Massimo Uberti

Massimo Uberti Standard User

OK note that I have done a third installation in a desktop computer, never use for ccd imaging and I have the same white window problem.
    Finally let's say that coming from my test the Canon 5dMark2 is all compatible except the live view display.

Best Regards
    I look forward in future to have a full compatible version of Maxim DL

Massimo

4. Aareses

Aareses Standard User

Hello. I am new to this forum, just having started using Maxim DL Pro 6. It was highly recommended by Starizona. I have gone through the same steps as Massimo, including the same troubleshooting. I am getting the same results.

When I click on "Live View" readout mode, most of the time the picture is white, exactly like the screen shot Massimo linked. Additionally, often times when I take a shot with appropriate settings, I get all black pictures. ALL calibration is off. I created new presets. The weird thing is, sometimes it works Ok for live view, most the time I get the same issue. This is a brand new rig built on Windows 7 Professional x64.

Was there ever a resolution?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Can you send one of your "FITS" images for us to examine? If it is too large to upload to the forum, please upload it to our FTP server. Instructions are below.

-------

Windows XP:

You can login to our FTP server with these credentials to avoid transfer problems and size restrictions:

FTP Host Address: ftp.diffractionlimited.com
    User ID : anonymous@diffractionlimited.com
    Password : (NO PASSWORD)

To login, open "Windows Explorer", (Not Internet Explorer), and paste the following address into the address bar:

ftp://anonymous%40diffractionlimited.com:password@diffractionlimited.com

- Please *ZIP* your images, and use your name as the file name for the zip, i.e.: "myname.zip".

- Upload your ZIP file into the "INCOMING" folder.

- Once you upload your image into the "Incoming" folder, *NO* file will appear...this is normal.

- Please inform us when you have completed the upload

-----------------------

Windows Vista/7:

1: Click on Start button in Windows Vista/7 and then click on "Computer".

2: Click on “Map network drive”

3: "Map Network Drive" window will open. Now click on the link "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures."

4: Now simply follow the step by step wizard to add a new network location. Select"Choose a custom network location" when given the choice of where to create this network connection.

5: Type our ftp address ftp://ftp.diffractionlimited.com and click "Next"

6: Check "Log on anonymously" then click "Next"

7: Once the wizard is completed, if it does not open automatically, click on the Start button in Windows Vista/7 and then click on "Computer", and you should see the FTP server listed under the Network Location. You can access it the same way you access any folder on your computer.

-----------------------

Third party FTP Clients such as "Filezilla" can be used to upload software to our FTP server as well.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Once the software is installed, use the following credentials to connect:

Host: ftp.diffractionlimited.com
    User Name: anonymous@diffractionlimited.com
    Password: (NO PASSWORD)

Copy or drag your files into the window panel on the right to upload your files.

Once the files have been successfully uploaded, you will *not* see them in the Filezilla program but we will receive them.

Let us know when the transfer is complete.

-------