Operating System Error

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Brian D. Warner, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Brian D. Warner

Brian D. Warner Standard User

This is a cross-post with the Bisque forums (sorry :():
    I'm trying to track down a recurring problem that happens with one particular SBIG STL-1001E. Saying that, I know it could easily be hardware and/or cable issues. We've redressed the USB and power cables (unplugged/cleaned/plugged in). A 402 used for guiding is working just fine with the same computer (different cables, of course).

Things will be sailing along and then SkyX reports a "SBIG Operating System Error 30032". The temperature and power percent for the camera both show 100. From this point on, the last good image is saved about once every 5 seconds or so as a new image (incrementing number) while the countdown for the exposure goes merrily along from 240 to 0 seconds. Maybe it's worth saying that the bad image frequency is roughly that of the 402 for guiding images (3 sec exp + download).

I should note that the camera was in for repairs (not temperature related) last December and passed with flying colors afterwards.
    On the Bisque forum, the suggestions were made to check that I had the latest drivers (I do) and to turn on logging (I did). However, if there are other suggestions or thoughts in the meantime, I'll take them.

Thanks.
    Brian D. Warner (to distinguish me from Brian Warner, aka Marilyn Manson)

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Could you send us a copy of the logs to have a look at?

3. Brian D. Warner

Brian D. Warner Standard User

The log file is attached. There were two cameras going, so there are a lot of entries. One was a 402, which worked fine. The offender was an STL-1001E. The text file is Windows EOL (CR/LF). The first OS Error 32 is at line 11544. I hope that this helps.

Thanks.

Brian

Attached Files: