Problem with camera

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Michiel Ford, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Michiel Ford

Michiel Ford Cyanogen Customer

I have the SBIG 11002 camera with filter wheel and guider. When I go to MaxIm and push the camera icon, the message comes up cannot initialize camera. Is there a problem someplace that I can take care of, or do I need to send it in?? I have tried different USB cables and get the same message.

Thank you for your help!!!

Mike

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Did you install the SBIG Driver Checker and get the drivers installed?
    If you did, can you check the camera firmware with SBIGDriverChecker ?
    Does anything show up in the Device manager? Assuming you are running Windows.
    Any lights on the camera?

3. Michiel Ford

Yes, there are lights on the camera, drivers have been installed (however, I will reinstall them just to be safe), since the camera couldn't be initialized, I could not check the Firmware. I'll have to check the device manager just to make sure. I'll get back to you later this afternoon.

4. Michiel Ford

OK, I'm out here right now and I have a green light and a red light on. All of my drivers are updated, BUT when I went to the Device Manager, there was a separate SBIG driver. It wasn't under ports. SO, is there anyway to put that back in the ports of the device manager?? I hope this makes sense.

Mike

5. Michiel Ford

OK, I think I know the problem........I see the SBIG USB driver on the device manager BUT there is no assigned COM port!!!! How do you change that??? We have LOUSY power and have has some storms so, I think something got whacked between power outages and storms!!

Mike

6. Tim

Tim Staff Member

COM port??? Why do you need a COM port for a USB device? Unless I am missing some details for your setup, you should have an "SBIG USB Devices" listed in the Device Manager.

Did you set the Camera Model in MaxIm DL to be "SBIG Universal"? Did you set the "Guider" on the Camera 1 setup window to "External"? Did you check the "Dual Chip Mode" checkbox on the Camera Control window -> "Setup" tab?

Did you set the Filter Wheel model to be "SBIG Universal"? The other filter wheel options are not used for your filter wheel....so you can leave it at the default settings?