Problem with STF-8300m and white frames

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Stathis Broumas, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Stathis Broumas

Stathis Broumas Standard User

Hello,

since Bill is on vacation I will post my issue here in order to get a quick answer and possible cause of the following problem I have.

The problem I have is that every frame I take with the camera it is completely white showing always a maximum of almost 65535 adu. This problem occurred suddenly without changing any configuration (telescope, cables, power adapter, pc) with my STF-8300m.

I tried everything swapping power supplies, swapping usb cables I even tried on another 2 different pc's. I have made some screenshots for you to see and maybe understand what the problem is.

The camera seems to be working ok, shutter works as normal, temperature control is ok. Usb connection is ok, windows 7 64bit that I have on all my pc's detect the camera at once, never had any problems. I tried different usb cables, with usb powered hub, directly on the pc nothing worked.

The camera (as you can see from the pictures) has the latest firmware and drivers. I use nebulosity as my main capture program but it does the same on ccdops5 as well.

While I was searching the support forum I came to this thread that seems the problem is very similar.

http://forum.diffractionlimited.com/threads/stf-8300m-white-image-issue.334/

If so, is it that the 5v voltage regulator failed? The cause? is my power supply problematic and has to be changed? I use a high quality 12v 5A power supply and never had a problem with it.

Your feedback is needed.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Stathis Broumas

Attached Files:

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Can you send us a FITS dark or bias frame to examine?

3. Stathis Broumas

Stathis Broumas Standard User

Thanks to Bill the problem is solved.

Regards
    Stathis