Problem with STi installation

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Dalouzy Jean-Christophe, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Dalouzy Jean-Christophe

Dalouzy Jean-Christophe Standard User

Hi,

I bought a Camera St-i but I have a problem to install.
    The installation of the drivers SBIG goes well and the camera seems to be recognized by the PC :[​IMG]

But when I click on "Get from Camera Firmware Version" or I open CCDobs then I want to connect the camera, the application crashes :
    [​IMG]

My PC configuration is as follows: Windows XP Pack 3 - .NET Framework 4.0 -

Do you have an idea of the problem?
    I was fine to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, restart the PC, connect and disconnect the camera, nothing works!

Best Regards,
    Jean-Christophe Dalouzy

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Jean-Christophe,

I do not exactly understand, so bellow are a few questions. Normally, the ST-i works on XP machines, sp3. I also have such OS here for testing purpoces.

1) First, your installed driver looks good, I mean v 4.81, b1, so do not reinstall it again.

2) Are you talking about CCDOps application for testing ? If so, please use one from SBIG web page and not one on your CD.
    Please download and install the latest CCDOps from http://www.sbig.com/support/software/
    Download the CCDOps Version 5 Installer for Windows.

3) If your application crashes when you try to establish link to your camera, then there is some software mismatch between your driver (which looks good)
    and your CCDOPs application. Our newer CCDOPs on the web uses some additional Microsoft DLL libraries probably not presented on CD, so this may be source
    of all problems.

4) Something else or similar: Note, that STi is powered only from the USB port and requires roughly 500 mA, so you either should use short USB cable ~1 m
    or so or connect your camera via _powered_ USB hub, otherwise camera may have some problems, for example, you will be able to link to it, but taking images
    will not work properly, etc.

Merci,
    Jan

3. Dalouzy Jean-Christophe

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answers.
    Yes, I have also tried CCDops. But I have the same problem: CCDops also crashes when I want to connect the camera, as with DriverChecker. But ok, I will try a new version of CCDops.
    Note that I did the same installation on another PC with W7 and there, I have no problem.

The St-i is connected to a powered HUB USB, so no worries on that point.

Best Regards,
    Jean-Christophe

4. Jan Soldan

Jean-Christophe,
    there has to be some problem with your installation, because ST-i really works on Win XP, 7, and 8.
    Please try the latest CCDOPS v 5 from SBIG web page.
    Jan

5. Dalouzy Jean-Christophe

Jan,

I come now to download the latest version of CCDOPS. Unfortunately, I can not even run. CCDOPS crash from the start.

Best Regards,
    Jean-Christophe

6. Jan Soldan

Hi,
    This is really strange... CCDOps has to run on XP machine...this is normal 32 bit application.
    Jan

7. Tim

Tim Staff Member

The most likely cause is a problem localized to your computer. Try the following:

1.) Check your computer for problems, viruses, malware ect.

2.) Ensure Windows is completely up to date.

3.) Uninstall the Current copy of CCDOps

4.)Clear your Windows TEMP files, download a fresh copy of the installer file from the website, and try to reinstall.

8. Jan Soldan

Jean-Christophe,
    I just downloaded and installed the latest versions of the SBIG driver v4.82, build 1 and CCDOPS v5.57, build 1,
    on my Asus notebook with the Windows XP Professional 2002, SP 2, connected the ST-i camera and all work
    as expected.

You have mentioned the SP3, but I do not know if this may be the source of problems or not. Just wanted to confirm you,
    that our latest releases work on XP too.

Regards,
    Jan

9. Jan Soldan

Jean-Christophe,
    I just finished longer test with the st-i and xp - capturing more than 25000 images (0.05 s) without any errors,
    so please try to reinstall your xp and/or sbig stuff.
    jan

Attached Files:

10. Dalouzy Jean-Christophe

Hi all,

I finally solve my problem by installing W7 on my PC. Now STi works well.

Thank you for your help
    Best Regards,
    Jean-Christophe