Resolved Problems with SSAG as Camera #2

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Chris Fellows, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Fellows

Chris Fellows Serenity Mobile Observatory - Chris Fellows Cyanogen Customer

Using Demo version of Maxim DL Pro 6 and latest drivers from Orion (SSAGdrvfull5.1.exe) for the Starshoot Auto-guider as camera 2 and SS Autoguider selected I receive "Error initializing camera or filter wheel", "Camera 2 failed to open, An error has occurred while attempting to communicate with the camera". The SSAG works with PHD Guiding 2 so all the cable and power connections are good. I also attempted to remove the drivers and PHD but no difference. I am using windows 10 (updated). Can someone please help me out with this issue? Thank you

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

3. MItch Mitchell

MItch Mitchell Cyanogen Customer

I am able to use the ASCOM driver to connect to the Orion Starshoot Autoguider -- but I don't see how to also use an ASCOM controlled camera as the imager at the same time

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Unless I am misunderstanding your question, you just need to setup your main imager as "Camera 1">"ASCOM">"camera model", and then setup "Camera 2">"ASCOM">SSAG.

Once they are setup, you can toggle camera controls with the "Camera 1", and "Camera 2" radio buttons on the "Expose", and "Guide" tabs.

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

This is resolved - Mitch had started a separate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.