Programmatic changing configurations in Maxim

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by dwormuth, Feb 18, 2016.

1. dwormuth

dwormuth Cyanogen Customer

Is there a COM method to programmatically determine the current configuration and change the current active configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

No, there is currently no COM method for changing the active configuration.

If you need to change it from outside MaxIm DL gui, the only way to do it is via script. You would need to shutdown MaxIm DL, edit the registry entry listed below with the desired configuration name, and then restart MaxIm DL.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Diffraction Limited\MaxIm DL 6\CurrentVersion\CurrentConfig

3. DaveLane

DaveLane Cyanogen Customer

In searching for a solution for how to do this, I found this post from last year.

While changing the registry entry changes the text displayed in the File->Configurations... dialog box "save current configurations" field, it does not change the actual configuration. I have found that you have to copy the associated configuration text files to effect an actual change in the configuration settings.

These files are found in:

c:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Settings\

c:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Settings\MaxIm CCD\

and others sub-directories for more obscure settings.

The files are named CONFIGTYPE,CONFIGNAME.txt. To effect change, you need to copy the files to just CONFIGTYPE.txt. For example "CameraControl,CG16M.txt" needs to be copied to just CameraControl.txt in the same directory.

If you are only interested in changing the camera and other control-type settings (but not the image processing or other settings), only copying the files in the "MaxIm CCD" directory seems to do the trick.

--- Dave