Renewal of MaximDL update subscription

Discussion in 'General' started by Ian Peters, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Ian Peters

Ian Peters Cyanogen Customer

My subscription for updates to Maxim DL 6.13 has expired, wanted to install the patch posted in October, every time I try to renew the sub the only option I get is an upgrade option to Maxim Pro software as well which I dont want at this stage! Help please? Ian Peters

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I tried it with your license information and got the following offers:

1 Year MaxIm DL Pro Upgrade Subscription ($175)
    2 Year MaxIm DL Pro Upgrade Subscription ($325)

You have MaxIm DL Pro software, and you do want an Upgrade Subscription...???

3. Ian Peters

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have Maxim DL Vr 6.13 is that the same as Pro Software?

I got the offer you list below with the choice of either $175 upgrade or $325 upgrade - there was no explanation of what the difference between the two was or what you got for the extra money?

It also added the full software package to the basket not just the subscription at $400 odd dollars with no way to remove the item from the basket. I don't need the software only the update subscription!

I particularly wanted to upgrade to the patch that was issued in October, which I tried to do but it said it wasn't able to find the file.

Your help much appreciated.

Ian

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

There are versions - 4, 5, 6, etc.

Then there are product levels. Originally MaxIm DL and MaxIm DL/CCD. Later MaxIm DL Basic, MaxIm DL IP, MaxIm DSLR, MaxIm DL Pro, and MaxIm DL Pro Suite. You have MaxIm DL Pro.

The difference was in the term of the subscription - 1 Year or 2 Year.

The way the shopping cart work is it adds the full package, and then applies a discount coupon that brings the total down to the amount quoted. That's the just way the new shopping cart system works. Same effect.

5. Ian Peters

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You weren't set up as a customer on the site. I've fixed that.