[RESOLVED] 3 days and no license

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Beverly-Begg Observatory, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Beverly-Begg Observatory

Beverly-Begg Observatory Standard User

I paid for a MaximDL Pro license three days ago (New Zealand time zone):

Date : 29 Oct 2016 - 03:42
    Order ID : 8852917

but have not yet received a license code. I did, almost immediately, receive an email from dgeorge@cyanogen.com via malsecom.com confirming the sale. This is unfortunate because I missed a clear night of observing last night and the forecast for about the next week is for rubbish skies. :-(

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The license was sent; perhaps it is in your spam filter? I will forward you a copy by private message.

3. Beverly-Begg Observatory

Interesting. I received a burst of 5 messages related to this issue this morning including a "Software License - Please Keep" message from websales@cyanogen.com. There are no messages in my spam folder. The original message doesn't seem to have been received. The burst of messages this morning and the dgeorge@cyanogen.com email implies that the email address supplied was correct.

If you are interested in chasing this mystery any further and there is any further information I can provide to help please let me know.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Software License - Please Keep is the normal license email. Don't know why the delay.

5. Beverly-Begg Observatory

Interesting. The relevant parts of the email header are:

Subject: Software License - Please Keep
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    X-Mailer: MailBee 5.5
    Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 10:28:35 -0400
    Message-ID: <41961003513922902016670@SOL2>
    X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
    X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - kuma.lunarservers.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
    X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - cyanogen.com
    X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: kuma.lunarservers.com: authenticated_id: send@diffractionlimited.com
    X-Authenticated-Sender: kuma.lunarservers.com: send@diffractionlimited.com

which indicates the email was sent about 3 seconds before it arrived in my in box. Don't know if that helps, but it looks like it was the sending that got delayed rather than some transmission or reception issue.

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay thanks.