[RESOLVED] My STF-8300m does not work with my desktop

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by giulio, Nov 19, 2015.

1. giulio

giulio Standard User

Hy,
    my STF-8300 is working fine with my Sony laptop running Windows 7. Normally I connect the ccd and others equipment through an Orico USB hub. But when I am at home and try to connect directly the ccd to the usb (3.0) port of my desktop (windows 7), PC just turn off. If I use the Orico hub is better. Sometime I can get the connection to CCDops, but If I try to cool the camera the connection to the camera is lost. On my desktop I have SBIGDriverChecker64 installed and updated.
    Do you have any idea of what is going on?
    Thank you

Giulio

2. giulio

giulio Standard User

... of course my desktop pc is working properly with any other usb peripheral. I have this problem only with the STF-8300.
    Another strange behavior is this: when I'm on the field I use two battery packs. If the power of the STF-8300 is connected to the battery pack where the USB hub is also connected, it's okay. If the power of the STF-8300 is connect to the other battery pack , will not turn on!

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

What do you mean by "just turns off". Does it literally power down immediately? I've had that happen before with a broken USB connector on the PC - it was shorting out the power supply when you plug in.

Run the SBIG Driver Checker and update drivers, then try plugging the USB into a different USB plug on the computer. (Doing so should also force a driver install.)

For the latter issue, try connecting the grounds between the two batteries.

4. giulio

giulio Standard User

Yes, it power down immediately. But you are right I have changed the usb connector and it's working fine!
    Thanks a lot!