[RESOLVED] "Receive Timeout" after a few focus images w/ brand new STT-8300M.

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Greyscout, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Greyscout

Greyscout Standard User

I did the installation of everything last night and it worked great. I shut down at the end of the night, went to bed, got up and worked on remodeling my bathroom, then came out to it 30 minutes ago. Everything turned on fine, but when I ran a focus routine to center my object, it only snapped 3 shots and said "Receive Timeout". After that, it won't establish link with the camera. I unplugged/replugged the USB cord and it will establish link, but do the same thing once I run the focus routine. I've uninstalled the device and reinstalled, with no change. All drivers are up to date. Any ideas?

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

What version of the STT firmware are you running? You can get that information from the SBIG Driver Checker 64 "Firmware" tab. I would also like to know exactly what version of SBIGUDrv.dll you're running.

3. Greyscout

Greyscout Standard User

Sorry I didn't update this thread earlier. It was the common power connection issue. I've since strengthened it and it's been working flawlessly.