SBIG driver and ccdops

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Don D, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Don D

Don D Standard User

Tim Puckett ask me to post this on the fourm to see if anyone else had ran into this.

One of the other thing that was discovered the cable from the AOX to the camera was not long enough to connect to the camera with the filter wheel, new guider and AOX.

Found few things last night and this morning re verified them.

1) The CD that came with the camera would not install any of the applications.

The Menu would display correctly but not would install. Downloaded the newest SBIG driver checker and updated all drivers

From Tim:
    Not sure about the CD, We burn new batches each week. You can get the latest drivers from the website anytime at :

[​IMG]http://www.sbig.com/support/software/

2) CCDOPS when you select camera setup the model is displayed as ST-7/8....

When you select the camera Info the correct camera is displayed.

From Tim:

Not sure what you mean. CCDops is a simple program included with the camera but is very simple.

It will probably be retired this year for something else.

From me:
    When you get back to the office call me and we will walk through the program together.

3) The SKYX is running and connected to the STX-16803 no issues so far but when I Start CCDOPS and connect it to the STL-11000m after few minutes CCDOPS crashed.

From Tim:
    I am not sure about running two copies of the SkyX at one to run two copies of the SkyX camera drivers at once.

The would certainly be a bisque question

From me:
    This is only running one copy of the SKYX and copy of CCDOPS SBIG

4) In The SkyX I disconnected the STX-16803 and tried to connect to the STL-11000m camera got the following error camera SBIG Driver camera not found= ERROR code 30001

From Tim:
    Sounds like the new hardware is connecting fine. It may be when you try running and connecting with two separate versions of the sky with two camera it corrupts the registry entries.

Definatley a bisque question.

From me:
    I do not understand how that would corrupt the registry entries it does not change the registry it only reads from it and passes data to from the driver from SBIG.

5) The above error 30001 happen also when I had two copies of the SKYX running the first copy of SKYX connected to the 16803 without issues. The second copy when trying to connect to the STL-11000m camera also got the 30001 error code.

From Tim:
    Again I don't know if you can run a second copy of the SkyX. Normally you would run your self guided wheel and one main camera. Trying to run two copies with main images cameras is a new one for me.

From Tim:
    You would have to post that to the bisque forum.

Our techs would not know about that quirk in the bisque program.

From Me:
    I think you can run two version of the SKYX only one can connect to the telescope all of this is based on the driver if he is able to handle two cameras through the USB interface.

2. MCTelescope

MCTelescope Standard User

I also noticed recently, CCDOPS shows camera info correctly for sbig 6303 but the SET UP menu reads ST-7/8...

3. MCTelescope

MCTelescope Standard User

You are using SkyX, which driver do you use for 6303 camera; SBIG-STX or SBIG with AO (all model ST 7/8...) I found only these two are compatible with this camera

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

If you are only running CCDOps, and not TheSkyX, does it still crash? Can you provide steps to reproduce the crash, or it is random?

It is likely an enumeration error, or you are perhaps still connected to the camera in CCDOps? If you restart TheSkyX, and try connecting only to the 11000, does it still cause the error? The error is generated from TheSkyX, so Tim is right..you will likely have to contact Software Bisque.

Yes, this does happen. I believe the STL is based on the earlier versions of the ST drivers, so it still identifies as such. Tim is right though, this software will eventually be retired.