SBIG SG AUTOGUIDER

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Typhoon, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Standard User

Hi,
    I have to begun as autoguider the SBIG SG 4, my mount is a Temma 200 by Takahashi and the software to take the photos that I used is SGpro.
    To calibrate with the polar I use the Polarmaster.
    Then yesterday I wanted to take NGC 7000 and I program the sequence in the SGpro. The time of every photo was 10 minutes, I was surprised because the stars appear nos as a ball instead I can realized that they were small lines.
    Apparently the Sbig was working properly with his software, as I know the SG4 can't be integrated with the SGpro software, could be this one of the problems??
    I'm really lost because theorically It can work independent connected to the mount (I done also, and operates fine, but the result was the same)!! lines!!!.
    The SG4 was blinking the green led and apparently working fine.
    What can I do??
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The SG-4 is completely independent of the sequencing software, so that can't be the issue.

Make sure you don't have a flexure issue with the guide scope mount. It has to be stable at the micron level (0.001 mm).

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Standard User

Thank Doug for your answer.
    I have the telescope installed in atripod in a terrace, the floor are ceramic tile, I´m quite near of telescope (the lenght of some wires are short). The movement of my legs in the floor....could be the problema??
    The guiding parameters are Min Move: 0,050sec Max Move: 0,5sec XY Aggressiveness: 1

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I don’t think the flooring is the issue. If the telescope slid then the SG-4 would lose lock, and you’d have a much worse result.

Slow drift like that while guiding is indicative of flexure. Mirror flop in SCT’s, improperly locked focuser-camera connections, cables dragging, poor guidescope mounting, etc.

5. Typhoon

Typhoon Standard User

Thanks again Doug!
    I hope the problem came from this.
    I will try in the next opportunity!