SBIG ST-402 ARM libraries

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Stan, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Standard User

Soon I may need to write some high level drivers for the ST-402 camera. On SBIG’s web pages I have found an Linux SDK. The web site and manual say that it contains binaries for x86_32 and x86_64 and that ARM is not supported. I have downloaded the files for Linux and there is a director called ARM with some binaries and example software. So now I am confused - are these ARM libs usable or do I have to use the x86 platform?

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Stan,

I do not know what you have downloaded, but our latest Linux delivery contains shared and static libraries including a simple testing application
    for 32 bit I386, 64 bit x86_64 and ARM V6, V7 and V8 processors. I will send you a link to the latest LinuxDevKit on request, I think, the
    stuff on SBIG web page is obsolete.

The ARM libs work well and we also plan to release simple Java server-client applications for those, who would like to play with ARM
    microcomputers. Attached is one, very preliminary screenshot showing SbigClient application connected to four SBIG cameras, all running
    on two separate ARM microcomputers on LAN.

Regards,
    Jan

Attached Files:

3. Stan

Stan Standard User

Dear Jan,

Thanks for you quick reply. The screenshot looks great, nice functionality.

If possible, I would like to request the SDK with binaries for the architectures you mention. I still have not decided whether ARM A7 or x86 will be used. Are Windows binaries on SBIG's website up-to-date?

Regards,
    Stan

4. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Stan,
    I will send you the latest LinuxDevKit this week. This may take a few days, because I work on it these days.
    I think, the stuff on SBIG's web page should work, but may be a bit obsolete. We will update it when a new version
    is available.
    Regards,
    Jan

5. Stan

Stan Standard User

Dear Jan,

Fantastic, this week will be fine.
    Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Stan