SBIG ST-8300M

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by artem, Apr 11, 2015.

1. artem

artem Guest

Good morning from Vienna,

In fact, I do not really have any luck with my 2 SBIG CCD Cameras..

The ST10-XME and the Guider CCD is not working.. and yesterday, after UNVOLUNTERY PAUSE due to winter here and almost no clear view and night sky and if, only very short time, I did setup my SBIG ST8300M after few months and was suprised to see a BIG SPOT left side of the output file ( see attached file )

Then, did take with the CCD take a 60 seconds LIGHT " long enough to have a look to the CHIP "
    without opening the CCD, and by using a MAGNIFIER, and saw something like GLUE ??
    on the CHIP, right there where the SPOT should be, compared to the output file..

the Glue! Seems to be a part of the CHIP FRAME.. since it must come from there !
    SURROUNDING AREA !! I guess though !

I did never open the CCD !

Now my question, is this GLUE "not DUST and also not FINGERPRINT" or else dont know what else to call ? possible to remove? or should this CCD also be sent to SBIG ?

Thank you

Martin

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
  2. artem

artem Guest

Did I not apply enough details here ? since no answer has yet been given to my raised question..

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

artem,

I am unable to open the image here. Send it to me at bill@sbig.com, I should be able to see it on that computer.

-Bill

4. artem

artem Guest

HI Bill,

I solved it my self, the SPOTS on the CCD causing ARTEFCATS, were the crumbling adhesive, keeping the GLASS where it should be held,
    for the CHIP CHAMBER..

I did open the ST8300M and went into the chamber, and did clean the GLUE or ADHESIVE rests which did fall down on the CHIP, and the Chip is now clean..

Thank you

Martin

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  5. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Strange indeed, crumbling RTV is not something I recall hearing about before, it generally isn't the type of material that crumbles. Nice going and congratulations on solving the issue.

-Bill

6. artem

artem Guest

Thank you Bill !