Resolved SBIGUDrv Tx Timeouts - Call for Beta Testers

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Adam Robichaud, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It fixed a problem that may contribute to the issue; but we have not been able to confirm if it was resolved. We are continuing our testing.

2. Robert Mueller

Robert Mueller Standard User

OK thanks for the efforts.
    Robert

3. Mark Manner

Mark Manner Cyanogen Customer

This is Karen for Mark Manner again. I tried the new build (4.97 Build 1) in my typical test mode (focus panel of TSX, 0.5 s continuous exposures, 8x8 sub-frame, 1x1 binning). I did not have logs turned on. I could not duplicate the TX Error problem, but that may be because of the next problem I will described. After 5 minutes of testing, the camera completely locked up. I had to power cycle the camera to recover it. Then I started the test again and it ran for about 30 minutes and locked up again. I started the test a third time and the camera locked up again after about 30 minutes. So, I can't say for sure if the TX Error problem is gone because of the camera lock ups. Or it could be that the camera now locks up when the TX error would have occurred in the previous build. I'll be trying a run on the sky on the clear clear night. If the lockups continue to happen, is there an easy way to revert to an older driver?

4. Karen Collins

Karen Collins Standard User

Just FYI, I finally created an account so that I will get email notifications. Everything I have entered under Mark Manner's account will be continued under this account.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. Richard Asarisi

Richard Asarisi Cyanogen Customer

I loaded driver 4.97 Build 1 and tested my 1102 for about 12 hours today. I tried everything I could think of to make it lock up, short exposures of 0.100 and o.01 sec no delay for 250 to 600 exposures. No lock up 600 sec for 250 shots, no lock up. I can't get this to lock up any more with the latest driver. Karen if your having issues you might want to put back the original .dll file and try testing with real exposures instead of running that log version.

6. Karen Collins

What is your cooling setting? I've been trying to determine if the problem on my end is related to noise being injected into the camera from the cooling system.
    I'm running at -20 degrees.

7. Richard Asarisi

Same I'm running at -20 seems to use about 30 t0 38% power

8. Karen Collins

Are you using TSX for control, or another interface?

9. Richard Asarisi

TSX 10.5.0 build 10305 under windows 10.

10. Richard Asarisi

Ran another test today - 50 600 sec exposures no delay followed by 500 0.010 bias exposures no delay. All completed successfully, not errors no lock ups. I'm feeling pretty confident at this point that the lock up issue has been resolved. I would have never been able to do 550 exposures without a lock up.

11. Robert Mueller

Robert Mueller Standard User

I'm "so far" happy to report no Timeout errors or Cole Exception errors using the newest driver with my STXL 11002. I have had 3 all night imaging sessions with none of the previously persistent errors. The Cole exception error seemed to have been fixed by a WIN 10 Update and that was before I updated my SBIG driver.

So far so good...
    Thanks for the efforts.
    Robert Mueller

12. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Microsoft hasbeen quietly breaking and fixing things without telling anyone what they're doing. Quite frustrating.

13. Gerald R Miller

Gerald R Miller Standard User

I just installed 4.97 build 2 and ran the autoguider with SkyXPro and my ST-i for a couple of hours and no errors or timeouts occurred. I have yet to test it on the scope but it would appear at first use that the timeouts I had been experiencing with my ST-i have been resolved.

Thanks for resolving this issue.

Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.