SBIGUDrv version 4.89 build 11

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Adam Robichaud, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

There is a new version of SBIGUDrv available for download from sbig.com. Please note that if you were running SBIGUDrv version 4.88 build 9, you may experience some issues downloading the new update from Driver Checker 64. To resolve these issues: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SBIG\Driver Checker 64\" and delete the folder named "SBIG Drivers 3r2", then run the download from Driver Checker 64.

The reason for this is a file lock somehow found its way into 4.88 build 9's archive file, and prevents the ReadMe.txt file from being overwritten in the folder. It is unknown why this happened, but we're taking steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Adam, I did this, and the update is showing as 4.88 build 11, not 4.89 build 1. Is this correct?

3. artem

artem Guest

Hi Adam,

I did exactly what you did propose!

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SBIG\Driver Checker 64\" and delete the folder named "SBIG Drivers 3r2", then run the download from Driver Checker 64.

And now SBIG DRIVER shows 4.88 BUILD 11 and not 4.89 build 1

See attached screen shot..

Regards

Martin

Attached Files:

4. Adam Robichaud

Apologies. I made a typo when I was updating the build version, and didn't catch it before release. Since SBIG Driver Checker doesn't allow for downgrades, we're just going to stick with this for now. I've updated the thread titles as appropriate to avoid confusion.

5. artem

artem Guest

Hi Adam, as long it works (and it does, since my SBIG 10XME and ST8300M are suddenly " after 2-3 months " recognized by WINDOWS and MAXIM DL).. then it is not important which version I have there..

bye and thx

Martin

6. Nick B.

Nick B. Cyanogen Customer

Hi Adam,
    I encountered the error mentioned in this thread trying to update my drivers yesterday. After deleting the file .~lock.ReadMe.rtf# I was able to update. Just in case you're not aware, the problem still persists with version 4.90 Build 1.
    Thanks,
    Nick

7. Adam Robichaud

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm about to re-upload the fixed installer. I'll do some investigations to make sure this doesn't happen again.

-Adam

8. Gerry Rozema

Gerry Rozema Standard User

Can you update the binaries in the linux dev kit with the newest versions too ? I've been having problems with our ST10-XME using the universal driver in the indi distribution, and tracked it down to breakage in the universal library. Seems it doesn't matter what parameters get sent to the universal for the fan, it just turns off the fan when that call is made, so, if you ever turn off the fan, it cant be turned back on. The only solution has been to unplug and replug the camera, not a viable solution for something sitting in the observatory 400 feet from the house.

I'd really like to get this camera working correctly, we have macs and linux boxes here, and I cant get it working 100% with any of them these days.