Scripting command to exit maximdl?

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Jeffrey Larsen, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Jeffrey Larsen

Jeffrey Larsen Standard User

So I have a Technical Innovations Dome. After trying to get the ASCOM drivers working unsuccessfully I resigned myself to simply using the digital dome works software to control the dome because it can watch the telescope. That works well enough if I am on-site.

I want to start working remotely and use scripting. Everything is great except for trying to communicate to the dome that I want it to close. It will stay open until the weather station tells it to close or it senses the telescope is no longer communicating with it. There is no direct way to give the command.

I guess I need to use the latter to get it to close. That would mean closing down MaximDL from within the script. I do not see it in the scripting reference -- can it be done?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you start MaxIm DL from a scripting object, not the program icon, then when disconnect all script objects it should close.

This is a function of the Microsoft scripting architecture, so it may be “fragile” if not handled perfectly.

3. Jeffrey Larsen

Jeffrey Larsen Standard User

Sounds like something to pursue! Thank you so much! :)