Scripting the Guider camera

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by DaveLane, Jun 28, 2017.

1. DaveLane

DaveLane Cyanogen Customer

I'm working on scripting two simultaneous cameras using the Guider camera methods and properties and I have run into a question.

How do I take a dark or bias with the guider camera. CCDCamara.GuiderExpose does not have the options that the main Expose method has.

--- Dave

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Normally the guider uses auto-darks. I don't believe the script interface has that capability.

3. DaveLane

Well, that's disappointing. I don't want to use the guider as a guider per se. So, does that mean that I can't script the generation of calibration images for the "guider" camera?

Did I understand from the grapevine that there is some "pressure" to provide support in MaxIm to script for more than one imaging camera (not at the same time, but connected at the same time)? Is that likely to happen soon?

--- Dave

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

There is a longer-term project underway that would eventually enable that, but don't expect that to be released anytime soon.

5. DaveLane

Thanks for the clarification, Doug. I'll work around it. I have another somewhat related question which I'll post tomorrow.