SG-4 Autoguiding problem

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by firas, Apr 2, 2016.

1. firas

firas Standard User

Hello,
    Need help to understand what i am doing wrong so the SG-4 fails to autoguide.
    I have managed to calibrate it one time before and the autoguider preformed smoothly. Now since I dismantled the autoguider from the guide scope I thought it was necessary to repeat the setup procedure. But when the unit has done calibrating and I hit Start Autoguiding, it finds a star and it starts to correct the mount but then after a short while the Star Count number drops like free falling and the star is lost! I tried under 5 hours with no luck. There were no clouds for the guider to lose the star, and the camera is in focus.
    I tried reprogramming it by, Help>About>Reprogram camera> I see the BF 2 firmware but can not click on anything! No OK button as described. The SG4 softwear also crashes dont know why. Can it be the reason?
    I will attach the calibration report.
    What can be done? Any owners of the SG4 have experienced similar problem? Any advice?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. firas

firas Standard User

Anything that can be done? I would really appreciate some help.