SHUTTER guide

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by bodda, Dec 8, 2015.

1. bodda

bodda Standard User

Hi,

Ihave a STXL 11002 M

I m using Maxim 6 and sometimes when i want to take a single exposure on the guide sensor the shutter don't open and the result is that the soft can' t find star guide. there is not errors appearing.

It is occuring after i take single or continuous exposure with the main cam in BIN 2 ,3 or 4 to for exemple put the cam around an object in the good way.

to restaure the opening of the guide sensor i have find that take a single expo with the main cam in BIN 1 of 1 sec works. after it is reworking

The problem is that sometimes this problem occurs during autosave in Bin 2 to take colors expo and the guing stop working

is there somebody that ear something about that?

Thanks

jbaptiste

2. bodda

bodda Standard User

Ok , i have done other test and it appear that the problem appear also when i close an exposure on the main camera before the end of it while tracking is working.

after this it is impossible to reopen the shutter of the guide ccd if i want to take a single exposure to check guide star avaible for exmple.
    the soft make exposure without error but without open shutter
    i must do a short exposure on the main cam to reopen at the same time both shutters and after i can take exposure with the guider and the shutter reopen normaly.

Is that normal that when i take an exposure with the main cam or the guide one that the other shutter (guide or main cam) open too?

Thanks

3. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Bodda,

Thanks for your report. I've recreated the issue in house. I'll get back to you as soon as I've identified the issue, and have a solution.

Cheers,
    -Adam

4. bodda

bodda Standard User

ok i m waiting your answer

tkanks a lot