[SOLVED] 47.96 seconds to download 1 second exposure?

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Chris Anderson, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Cyanogen Customer

I'm running a trial version of MaxIm DL Pro 6.13 on a WIN 10 laptop. Camera is a new SBIG STT-8300M. I'm doing bench testing, and it is taking over 47 seconds to expose/auto dark/light a 1 second image. I hit Start, it exposes, but the little blue hurricane symbol spins and spins.

Two other systems running the same trial license, Win7, and Win XP, immediately responds with the downloaded file. Any ideas what might be wrong?

CG

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Try turning off Windows 10 power management - disable selective suspend on the USB root hub and the camera. If you have a hub between the PC and camera, try removing it. You could also check what else is on the same USB bus, e.g. a keyboard/mouse/serial port might be dragging the USB bus speed down, USBview or USBdeview are utilities that might help. Beyond that, no idea.

3. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Cyanogen Customer

Tim solved this for me. In SBIGDRIVECHECKER64, I had debug turned "on" from a previous issue I was having with my old STF. I unchecked all the boxes, and now Maxim DL downloads fine. Great tech support Tim! CG

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

LOL. That would do it.