SSAutoguider connect problem

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Geoff Hughes, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Geoff Hughes

Geoff Hughes Standard User

I am in MaximDL Pro 6 and unable to connect StarShoot Autoguider Pro as camera 2. I select SS AutoGuider from the Camera Model drop down and get the message "Camera 2 failed to open. An error has occurred while attempting to communicate with the camera." Both camera 1 (using ASCOM) and my filter wheel connect fine.
    The camera 2 dropdown list does not specify "Pro" after the name but I don't think this should be a problem. (?) I've worked with Orion tech support and downloaded the latest drivers including an ASCOM driver. (SSAGProASCOMSetupV12).

I thought I once discovered a second dropdown where the guide cam also needed to be specified (back when I had a QHYCCD guide cam) but now I cannot find it.

Has me stumped. Any help appreciated.

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

This is the problem. This SS AutoGuider plugin works with the older model StarShoot Autoguider only.

Does it work?

The guide camera is whatever camera you assign it to in MaxIm DL. It can be setup as either Camera 1, or Camera 2.

------

You need to follow the steps on the following link to receive further technical support.

http://forum.diffractionlimited.com/pages/TechSupportHowTo/

3. Geoff Hughes

Geoff Hughes Standard User

Are there plans to add/update the list to accommodate the Pro version? Seems like this would be the version serious astrophotographers would be going to. The V12 setup plugin does not work.

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Currently we do not support the StarShoot Autoguider Pro version. Support for cameras is based on demand, and co-operation from the manufacturers. That being said, we regret that there are currently no plans to include StarShoot Autoguider Pro version, although that may change if there is an increase in customer demand for this model of camera.

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I will add to that... the manufacturer should support the ASCOM standard if they want to work with any of the kodern software packages.