st-2000xcm update

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by tom zukouski, Aug 22, 2017.

1. tom zukouski

tom zukouski Standard User

hi,...iread somewhere that sbig had updated the software for color cameras like st2000xcm enabling to use trac and accumulate and binning in the color mode without destroying the color data,....is this true? and also when I do a 2x2 bin I get an image a third of normal size,and it appears squashed,do i need to do pixel resample to get it back to normal appearance?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You cannot bin an ST-2000XCM camera without destroying the color information (Bayer matrix).

It may be possible to use track and accumulate, but the software would have to convert the images to color before they are shifted. I haven't looked at CCDOPS to see if that is possible.

Personally I'm not a big fan of track and accumulate; it's better to simply save the images and realign during stacking. That way you can properly calibrate each image before the stack is performed.

2X2 bin should reduce the image size by half in X and Y. It sounds like you are doing 3x1 instead of 2x2.

3. tom zukouski

tom zukouski Standard User

hi,found info I was talking about,put out by company seven,10 things you didn't know about ccdops where it states ccdops has been updated to enable trac and accum for the color cameras,is this true?....and I was asking about 2x2 binning in mono mode where image is reduced but stars and objects look elonganated do I need to resample pixels for proper view? and thanks for your help

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

According to SBIG documents, the ability to do Bayer camera Track and Accumulate was added circa 2011. I haven't tried it myself.

To repeat my earlier answer to your second question, "2X2 bin should reduce the image size by half in X and Y. It sounds like you are doing 3x1 instead of 2x2."