Resolved ST-402 Won't Connect

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Vale, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Vale

Vale Standard User

Hello

I'm working with SBIG ST-402 camera under Win7/32 OS, it works very well during several years, but near one month ago it became not visible from computer. I checked USB cable, changed different USB ports, updated drivers by SBIGDriverChecker, nothing helps. I have sent letter to Bill Linch from SBIG Service & Repair Center and he conclude that camera's motherboard is dead and it have to be replaced. I have sent him camera, but his conclusion was that camera with him works without any problem and source of issue is camera drivers. As well, Bill pointed me to this forum. I downloaded version 4.92 build 0 of SBIGUDrv and replace it into Windows/System/ directory. Nothing is happen, camera is invisible.

Than I have removed all SBIG software, clean registry from any SBIG names and reinstalled it again. Unfortunately, again camera is invisible.

We have payed ~$200 for shipment and maintenance, but I still can't use it. I need a lot of this camera for work. Please, help me to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance for constructive help
    Best regards
    Valeriy

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

I'm guessing this thread was marked resolved by accident.

Valeriy, I'm sorry the camera still isn't working for you. Does the camera show up in your Device Manager list?

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Valeriy,
    I am just another customer, like you.
    Does Windows make the sound when you plug in the USB to the camera?
    If not, then try a different USB port, different USB cable, and also remove any hub between the PC and camera.
    If it does show up, and still doesn't connect, you need to update the drivers.

4.92 build 0 is old, and may not work.

You quoted from an old thread, and that information no longer is correct.
    Go get the newer SBIG Driver Checker

ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe

Run it, and then update the drivers.
    The versions should look like this:
    driverchecker.png

Good luck!
    Colin

4. Vale

Vale Standard User

Hello

I'm working with SBIG ST-402 camera under Win7/32 OS, it works during several years very well, but near one month ago it becames not visible from computer. I checked USB cable, changed different USB ports, updated drivers by SBIGDriverChecker, nothing helps. I have sent letter to Bill Linch from SBIG Service & Repair Center and he conclude that camera's motherboard is dead and it have to be replaced. I have sent him camera, but his conclusion was that camera with him works without any problem and source of issue is camera drivers. As well, Bill pointed me to this forum. I downloaded version 4.92 build 0 of SBIGUDrv and replace it into Windows/System/ directory. Nothing is happend, camera is invisible.

Than I have removed all SBIG software, clean registry from any SBIG names and reinstalled it again. Unfortunately, again camera is invisible.

We have payed ~$200 for shipment and maintenance, but I still can't use it. I need a lot of this camera for work. Please, help me to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance for constructive help
    Best regards
    Valeriy
    P.S. I posted this text several days ago, but it disappeared.

5. Adam Robichaud

@Vale — your thread has been moved here to keep the ST/STL thread clean. Please see my question above.

6. Vale

Vale Standard User

Hi,
    Thanks for replies.
    I have found content of old CD, which I have received with ST-402 camera.
    I have installed CCDOps and SBIGDriverChecker (not SBIGDriverChecker64, my OS is Win7/86). Then I connect power supply to camera, cooler start to work, no any other sound, no usual sound of shutter.
    In Device Manager I see camera as Other devices\Unknown Device.
    Than I try to Update Driver Software of this Unknown Device and directed program to c:\Program Files\SBIG\Driver Checker\SBIG Drivers\ folder. Result: Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device.
    USB cable was checked and changed.
    I did not mentioned that before all above operations I have uninstalled all previous SBIG software and reboot computer.

7. Adam Robichaud

Would you be able to give me access to the camera via TeamViewer? Often times drivers can be improperly installed or corrupted, and we can manually install them to restore functionality.

8. Vale

Vale Standard User

Yes, sure. I'm running it. My ID: 332 654 562, password ****

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  9. Vale

Vale Standard User

Camera is powered and connected by USB cable

10. Vale

Vale Standard User

Are you here?

11. Vale

Vale Standard User

It looks that you are not here. I'll be ready to connect with you tomorrow, after 1..2 pm of Eastern time. Thanks for help

12. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sorry you posted that after 5 pm; Adam had already left for the day.

I suggest posting your login info via Private Message in future. ("Send a Private Message" under Adam's name.) I'll remove the password from your earlier post.

13. Vale

Vale Standard User

Hi Adam, I'm ready for TeamViewer session

14. Vale

Vale Standard User

Thanks Doug for your help

15. Vale

Vale Standard User

Hi Adam, I'm ready for TeamViewer session

16. Adam Robichaud

Resolved: user's drivers needed an update and manual binding. Vale, if you have any further issues, don't hesitate to let us know!

Bill likes this.
  17. Vale

Vale Standard User

Camera is not powered and connected
    Helle
    Thanks Adam for efficient help.
    I have proposal to you. Name of last SBIGDriverChecker64 confused me, I was thinking that it is addressed to only 64 bits Windows, but you have explained, that it can works AS WELL for 64 bits systems. If the name of this program would be SBIGDriverChecker32,64, or while 32+64=96: SBIGDriverChecker96 such my confusion will not appears. Think about this, please