ST-7XE bias level jump

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by TRUphysics, Sep 3, 2015.

1. TRUphysics

TRUphysics Standard User

Hello. Our camera originally had a bias level of about 105-110. It's been in storage for a number of years (last images taken in 2011), and recently was brought out to be used. The bias level is now at about 850. The bias images look fine; the level is just much higher than it has been. Nothing about the camera electronics has been changed. Could someone please explain to me what might cause this, and if it is anything to worry about? I've never seen this behaviour before. Thanks very much.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We now default the auto offset subtraction OFF in the driver, due to oddball side-effects it was having with some application software.

I recommend you simply redo your calibration frames and continue as before. If you really want to, you can turn the auto offset subtraction on in the SBIG Driver Checker.

3. TRUphysics

TRUphysics Standard User

Thanks very much, Doug! I do bias frames every night anyway so it's not a big deal to just keep things as they are. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with the camera.

Cheers,
    Joanne