ST-8300m device not found on MAC OS

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Kmack, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Kmack

Kmack Standard User

Hello,

I recently acquired an ST-8300m that I would like to run off my MacbookPro running OS 10.11.6. I downloaded the latest SBIG Universal Driver for Mac version 4.84 and installed on my laptop. Using CCDops it can't establish a connection with the device. I've followed the install instructions to the letter. Nothing makes the camera work.

I have a friend that has the same MacBook that is running SBIG Universal Driver for Mac version 4.74. I connected the camera to his computer and everything works fine. Has support for this camera been dropped on the latest driver? Can I get the older driver? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. Kmack

Kmack Standard User

Hmm... Has SBIG discontinued support for Mac OS drivers? The lack of response here is leaving me with that conclusion. Would be nice to know if that is the case.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

No we have not discontinued support. It is mainly a matter of workload for the responsible individuals. Apple has also not made it easy by deprecating things that the drivers were using, so work was required to re-implement things.