ST-i camera EEPROM corruption

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Alexandre Chapoulie, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Alexandre Chapoulie

Alexandre Chapoulie Standard User

Hi,

We use the ST-i camera in our products and perform automatic serial number control at each application boot. This worked well for a while but we recently had a problem the EEPROM data. Two times in a row, we were not able to read the serial from the EEPROM on two cameras.

After investigation and using the provided driver, we found out that the EEPROM is corrupted. Checksum is also invalid. For the camera we get back in our labs, nearly all the bytes were set to 0x03.

Based on the driver, I created an EEPROM rescue program which first dumps the EEPROM to a file and will restore the EEPROM if corruption is detected (invalid checksum, serial unavailable). However, this will work only on cameras with a sane EEPROM on which we can perform the dump. Then, we will prevent EEPROM data loss.

Concerning the two cameras with the corrupted EEPROM, I would like to restore data. Mostly for the camera we shipped to Japan. Digging in the driver code, I have been able to figure out each EEPROM field meaning. But I am unable to retrieve the values to enter. After testing various cameras in our labs, the only fields which seem to differ are the serial (obviously) and the imaging gain and offset. The rest seems to be identical. Then, how could I have the values to enter in the imaging gain and offset fields?

Thanks in advance,
    Alexandre

2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

3. Alexandre Chapoulie

Alexandre Chapoulie Standard User

Jan,
    Thanks for your reply. That solved my problem.
    Alexandre