ST7xme error

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Gregory, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Gregory

Gregory Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

I have an old ST7x...that I decided to fire up after a bunch of years in storage. Powering up is fine. Setting temps using The SkyX pro is met with failures to connect. The error is stating there is a parameter error 3006.

I looked for the codes in the archives but the code list stopped far short from 3006.

In addition, after powering up today, the power light wasn't on, there still is no connection to the ST7, but it IS getting warm. Also, the fan isn't activating.

All of this was not the case yesterday!

Is there a fuse or circuit breaker?

I appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi Gregory- - just another customer, thought I'd weigh in. Can you check the error message. I bet it was 30006 (an extra zero) which corresponds to a camera driver error 6. Bisque has weird error codes where they add 30,000 to whatever the camera driver error was.
    Does Windows see the camera in the Device Manager? If so, how about the SBIG Driver Checker - can the firmware tab see it?

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Gregory,

I would recommend trying another USB cable. If the USB cable is faulty (or is not plugged into the camera or if the computer is not on) the camera will behave as you describe. The heat comes from the cooler which is receiving power (one side gets cold, the other side gets hot) but the drivers aren't loading to start the camera.

-Bill