Staff Assigned: Bill Lynch ST8XME strange issue

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by PAULO MAURICIO CACELLA, Apr 6, 2019.

1. PAULO MAURICIO CACELLA

PAULO MAURICIO CACELLA Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

I have an ST8XME that is having a strange issue. In any image, even bias, I get an irregular checkered pattern with a span of around 100ADU. However, when I bin 2X via software it shows OK. When I bin via hardware the pathern stays there, even if less noticeable.

Any ideas ?

I have also a XT2000XMC that is having problems with the shutter. It is free if I move manually, there is no obstruction. However when I try to get a picture I get error 17 in Maxim and the shutter stops in the middle of CCD.

As I live in Brazil it is really awful to send it back. However I am electronics engineer. I can fix things here if I have some idea on how to proceed. Is it possible to help ?

Thanks

2. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Paulo,

Can you send an example of checkered pattern? Shutter errors can be caused by many different things. Low power, long USB cable runs, mechanical issues, electronic failures... it's hard to guess. My direct email is bill@sbig.com.

-Bill

3. PAULO MAURICIO CACELLA

PAULO MAURICIO CACELLA Cyanogen Customer

Hi Bill,

I've sent you a message via email.

Thanks