STF-8300M Power Issue

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Delbert Porter, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Delbert Porter

Delbert Porter Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

Seems I have always had this issue since I have owned the camera - now about 1 year. If I screw the power plug too tightly, it will not power on. Too loose - same thing. When I do hit the sweet spot, occasionally it will "disconnect" - Maxim will report that no camera is connected. So, have to shut down Maxim, jiggle the power connector and hopefully hear the "clicks" to know it has initialized and try the whole process over.

I have a friend who has the exact issue with his. Is there a known cure for this? I have even purchased your extension cable and that did not resolve the problem. Is there a permanent fix?

Thanks
    Jan Porter

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you look in the center of the connector, the pin is actually two pieces. You need to gently spread them apart slightly. Then they will make good contact.

They can get bent together if you apply lateral pressure on the connector. Then they don’t work right.

3. Delbert Porter

Delbert Porter Cyanogen Customer

Ok - I SLIGHTLY bent the pins apart - had the same issue. I "more than slightly" separated them - have the same issue. I'm not sure the exact distance I should go to get them "slightly spread apart"?

Thanks
    Jan

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Look at the pin under a magnifier. You should be able to see how wide the separation is at the base; make sure it's as wide as that.