STi not connecting

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Joel G Parkes, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Joel G Parkes

Joel G Parkes Standard User

Was running my STi on remote guidescope when mid stream it stopped working. Autoguider was run from TheSkyX with the CameraAddOn accessory. Imaging camera, focuser and Telescope run with FocusMax v4 with no problem powering up. There is also no problem connecting the Autoguider (Setting USB1 connection in the Telescope dropdown menu). No matter what I do I have had no signal ie a black image without the usual noise. Operating with CCDOps produced the same result. Ran SBIG DriverChecker and installed the latest drivers (01 17 2017) without effect even though the SBIG USB device is present in the Device Manager list. I tried different cables either directly to my PC USB2 port or to a powered USB hub without any signs of life. Have been reading about problems with other CCD's but not certain they apply to my situation. Anecdotally the sound of the shutter clicking upon startup was noticeable when it worked but is now muffled and barely audible. It it a power issue or hardware? Green light on the STi is on.
    Joel Parkes

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Joel G Parkes

Joel G Parkes Standard User