STL-1301E needs repair

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Dale Gary, Mar 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dale Gary

Dale Gary Standard User

My STL-1301E camera hit the deck and jarred this circuit board loose (see photo below, of the back of the camera with the cover off). I assume that the circuit board was soldered to the posts visible in the shielded area, and the ICs appear to have been glued to the lower plate. The circuit board is now completely free, and is just shown lying face-up next to where it goes, but otherwise appears undamaged. I would like to get an estimate for the cost of repair, as well as a full checkout of the camera to see what else might be broken.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dale Gary

[​IMG]

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi Dale, sorry to see this.
    My colleague @Bill Lynch is our repair wizard, and might be able to get you sorted.
    That module is the power converter, and the camera looks to be about 2003-2005 ish.
    You can contact him by email:
    bill at sbig dot com
    If he doesn't come back right away.
    He will likely want the serial number as that may help identify replacement/repair parts.

3. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Dale,

The module isn't repairable but it can be replaced. Send me an email, bill@sbig.com, and I'll give you the information you're looking for.

-Bill