Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud STT 1603 Connection problem

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by GuidoW, Mar 10, 2019.

1. GuidoW

GuidoW Cyanogen Customer

I have been operating a STT-1603ME camera with a FW8G-STT ad AO8T for more than 1 year without any difficulties until one week ago when I was unable to establish a link to the camera and received the message "Error opening camera in dual chip mode. Establish Link Failed: 1". The problem occurred after an “camera error: RX_Timeout”. Changes were made to the camera/filter wheel settings between the time the link to the camera could be established and when the failure to establish the link occurred. I also cannot establish a link to the camera with the filter wheel disconnected from the camera. The camera fans continue to operate when the camera is connected to the power supply.

I checked all cables, re-seat all cables. e.g. unpluged and repluged them. I tried new cables, short cables and used this with or without USB-Hub. Even trying to use the camera on another computer did not work. Reinstalling the drivers did not help either.

I tried to control the camera via network. I was able to operate the camera but no pictures were taken. Only images with noise were downloaded. For the control I use MaximDL 6. Alternatively I tried CCDOps, unfortunately with the same result. My operating system is Win7 Professional.
    The
    I write a mail to Bill Lynch. Unfortunately, I got no answer so far.

Many greetings
    Guido

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'll ask @Adam Robichaud to check it out from the driver side first. It's very possible, though, that something in your camera has failed.

3. GuidoW

GuidoW Cyanogen Customer

Hi Doug,

many thanks for the information. I also fear, that the camera has a defect.

Clears skies
    Guido

4. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Guido,

Could I log in remotely and do some troubleshooting? If so, just send me a private message with your TeamViewer ID/Password.

Cheers,
    -Adam

5. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member