STT-1603ME camera link issue

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Gilbert Lubcke, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Gilbert Lubcke

Gilbert Lubcke Cyanogen Customer

I have been operating a STT-1603ME camera with a FW8G-STT self-guiding filter wheel for more than 2 years without any difficulties until one week ago when I was unable to establish a link to the camera and received the message "Error opening camera in dual chip mode. Establish Link Failed: 1". No changes were made to the camera/filter wheel settings between the time the link to the camera could be established and when the failure to establish the link occurred. I also cannot establish a link to the camera with the filter wheel disconnected from the camera. The camera fans continue to operate when the camera is connected to the power supply. I use Maxim DL to operate the camera and filter wheel but I noted that (perhaps coincidentally) the problem with establishing the link to the camera did not occur until I updated Maxim DL approximately one week ago from version 6.18 to version 6.19. In an effort to resolve the problem with establishing the link, I also made certain that I was running the current driver (sbigudr.dll 4.99 Build 6) but this did not resolve the problem. I also attempted to establish the link to the camera utilizing the software CCDOPS as originally provided with the camera but received essentially the same error message and no link could be established. Any thoughts on the cause for this problem and how it can be resolved? Should I ship the camera to Bill Lynch for repair?

Thanks for your help.

Gilbert Lubcke

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Gilbert, if you can, try connecting the camera to a second computer, and see if that works.
    A few other things to try:
    - Check your cables - power off everything, and then re-seat all cables. e.g. unplug and replug them.
    - Try a short USB cable directly between the camera and computer.
    - Check if the camera is listed in the Windows Device Manager (Start... run... devmgmt.msc ). If it is not listed, and there is no device with an error state, then likely it needs to go in for hardware service.

If that doesnt help, then contact Bill Lynch - he may have some ideas.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Check whether the camera appears properly in the Windows device manager.