STT8300 with guider and filter wheel

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by blireina, Dec 29, 2017.

1. blireina

blireina Guest

My guider appears not to be working, after a few errors and now no pictures. I had no prior problems. Do I have to send it back?

Philip

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Can you describe the errors you encountered? Were any specific error messages displayed?

Did you check that the HDMI cable was plugged in properly?

When you say "no pictures" what do you mean exactly? What happens when you try to take a picture?

3. blireina

blireina Guest

Many thanks Doug for the reply,
    The errors are that no guider pictures are taken and/or stored. No error messages are displayed in TSXP, but the lack of guide exposures is displayed in the CCDAP log.
    The cabling is all intact.
    I click expose in TSXP (or more usually through CCDAP), and no picture is taken.
    Can one open the guide camera to check for any issues, and if so, how so?
    Philip

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We can't diagnose very easily with third party software. Please try taking some images in CCDOPS. Please report what happens.

5. blireina

blireina Guest

Hi Doug
    I checked all the connections to the camera, used CCDOPS, and it is fine. Also, SBIG programme is fine too.
    Why it suddenly, for the first time stopped working, I have no idea. Probably very cold weather with snow and ice. -12 centigrade.
    Anyway, many thanks for the advice.
    Regards
    Philip

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay please keep an eye on it and let us know if you have any more trouble.